2400 words due 9/29/2020 Opioid crisis survey discussion
Prompt 1 Opioid crisis survey discussion
1. (200 words) Describe the type of data that would need to be collected if you were to create a survey to assess the use of opioids in Anytown.
2. (200 words) Who would take the survey (researchers, nurses, and public health officials?)
3. (200 words) How would you analyze the data from the survey?
4. (200 words) Why is it important for researchers and public health officials to use surveys?
5. (200 words) How can researcher ensure that their survey produce unbiased data?
Prompt 2 Pathways to Safer Opioid Use Scenario
· Link to access scenario: https://health.gov/hcq/trainings/pathways/index.html
· Use the link above to complete the character role of the patient James Parker. You can work through this character more than once, making different decisions to alter the outcome. Once you have completed this role, answer the following:
1. (200 words) What decisions did you make?
2. (200 words) Did you change any of your answers?
3. (200 words) Did anything surprise you?
4. (200 words) As a public health professional, how can you work with patients affected by the opioid crisis?
5. (200 words) Now that you have completed the entire scenario, do you have a better understanding of the diverse perspective needed to combat Opioid epidemic?
6. (200 words) What steps can health workers, and public health officials take to reduce the individuals impacted by this epidemic?
7. (200 words) What governmental resource are available to assist in fighting this epidemic evaluate the effectiveness of these agencies?
Response should be in APA 7th edition with at least 5 credible source and subheadings