The first essay is due in 3 days and the second one is due 7 days after that while the rest are due 7 days after that.
1st Essay – Research in Counseling
Research is important in the field of counseling and psychology because it can help us to understand the profession, shed light on the theories and concepts, and to determine if the application of theories and concepts actually improve mental health. Research is the best mechanism for determining if something is effective and if so, what parts and why.
Write a 1,000-word paper about the importance of research in the field of counseling.
Include the following in your paper:
- The relationship between research and counseling
- The roles and responsibilities of researchers in the counseling profession
- At least four scholarly resources to support your paper
2nd Essay – Topic 2 Short Answer Questions
Complete the short answer questions document labeled PCN-540.RS.T2ShortAnswerQuestions.docx
3rd Essay – Multivariate Approaches
In preparation for this assignment, read the “Maladaptive Perfectionism as a Mediator and Moderator Between Adult Attachment and Depressive Mood” article located in the Topic 3 readings.
Write a 1,000-word paper about your selected article. Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- A discussion about the key variables in the selected article
- Identify the validity and reliability reported statistics for the article
- The particular threats to internal validity that were found in the study
- The strengths and limitations of the multivariate models used in the selected article
- A reference and in-text citations for the selected article as well as two additional reference
4th Essay – Exploration of Statistical Concepts and Qualitative/Non-Experimental Research Designs in Counseling Research
Part 1 of 4th Essay Complete the “Descriptive Statistics Worksheet called PCN-540.RS.T4SPSS-DescriptiveStatisticsWorksheet.docx
Part 2 of 4th Essay
Select and read one of the following articles, located in the Topic 4 materials:
- The Role of Faculty Mentors in the Research Training of Counseling Psychology Doctoral Students
- The Career Development of Mexican American Adolescent Women: A Test of Social Cognitive Career Theory
Write a 1000-word analysis of your selected article. Include the following in your analysis:
- What are the key differences between qualitative and quantitative research?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative research designs?
- What are the essential components that should be considered when applying qualitative methods to counseling outcomes?
5th Essay – The Overview of Survey, Mixed Methods, and Action Research
Complete the “Topic 5 Short Answer Questions” document labeled PCN-540.RS.T5ShortAnswerQuestions.docx
6th Essay – Analysis and Presentation of Findings in Counseling and Psychological Research
Imagine that you are working at an agency that serves victims of domestic violence. You have been asked by the agencyâ€™s clinical director to create a trauma-informed care therapy program for victims of domestic violence.
Write a 1,050-word essay describing the program you would want to create. Address the following in your essay:
- Describe how you would do a needs assessment to determine the need for such a program. Would you use quantitative or qualitative tools? Why?
- What tool would you use to measure the outcome of the program? Would you use a quantitative or a qualitative tool? Why?
- Research one trauma-informed care intervention you would recommend to the clinical director and evaluate its effectiveness. Discuss its validity and reliability as an intervention. Was the research conducted based on quantitative or qualitative measures?
Include a minimum of three scholarly resources in your essay.
7th Essay – Writing in Counseling Research Part 1
Create a 20-24-slide presentation about the role of scientist-practitioners. Include the following in your presentation:
- A title page
- A description of the key knowledge, skills, and abilities of an effective scientist-practitioner
- A description of how research reports are an essential component for the scientist-practitioner
- A description of why data management and presentation are key components of research reports
- A reference page
- At least three scholarly sources
- Detailed speaker notes that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person
8th Essay – Benchmark Research Review
As a counselor, you will be making decisions on how to select evidence-based treatments. In your essay, demonstrate the decision-making process that you will use to choose one evidence-based treatment over another. Write a 1,250-word reflection essay on how to effectively utilize research in order to guide decision-making processes in the counseling profession. Include the following in your essay:
- A discussion about how qualitative and quantitative research reports guide the decision-making process.
- A discussion about the key characteristics of effective writing and publication in counseling and psychological research. How do these characteristics guide the decision-making processes?
- Select a diagnosis and include an example of how research could assist in treatment.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly resources in addition to the course textbook.