Instructions: In class, we discussed the different types of Rhetoric (deliberative, forensic, epideictic). For this activity, you will need to refer to class notes from unit 5: Rhetoric.
(1) Define each type of rhetoric and provide an example for each (preferably not an example given in class)
Instructions: In class, we also discussed five cannons of rhetoric (invention, arrangement, style, memory, delivery). You will need to know each cannon to complete this next part.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
(2) Please watch this video: https://www.ted.com/talks/sherry_turkle_alone_together. Answer each of these questions with complete sentences.
- What were the major arguments offered by the speaker? What other arguments were missing that would have made their speech better?
- How was the speech organized?
- What sort of style was used during the speech? What sort of words were chosen? What stylistic choices do you think were made?
- How was the speech delivered (i.e., from memory, from notes, extemporaneously)?
- What sort of delivery techniques (i.e., gestures, eye contact, vocal inflections, etc.) did you notice during the speech?
(3) Now it is your turn. You are tasked with giving a motivational speech in COMM 104, use the 5 cannons of rhetoric to design a speech. Make sure to be clear in your choices for each.