Essay #2 Outline and Graded Elements
Essay #2 Operating in the Market Structure: 100 points
Purpose: In this essay you will do an analysis of the firm’s behavior in its market structure including its resource market.
firm is AMAZON company
Essay Template Sections I-V
- Introduction: include overview of firm and thesis statement (underline thesis statement)
- Background of the firm- include any benefits/challenges you uncovered in the last essay.
- Lead up to what you are going to talk about in the paper.
- In which Market Structure does the firm compete?
- CH 9, 10 or 11: choose only the chapter referring to your firm.
- determine market structure using HHI
- Use 2 defining characteristics of this market and explain how it applies to the firm( if you didnâ€™t use HHI use examples of all four market characteristics as well as the defining characteristic of the market)
- How does the firm use its market power?
- Labor Markets CH 12-13,15
- Connect four terms from chapters 12,13,15
- Include application of in class videos (Happiness, Choice and Spaghetti sauce and/or Is Profit the point, Fair Trade).
- Complete analysis by using any terms from any additional terms from chapters 1 thru 8 in a normative discussion of how the videos may or may not impact your firm in the future.
- Works Cited
- Terms List
Graded Elements: check to be sure you have included all required elements.
- 5 statistics: 10 points
- 4 graphs: 16 points
- 15 economic terms: bold font and underlined, 30 points
â€¢ Minimum 2 terms per chapter for chapters 12, 13
â€¢ Minimum 4 terms from your market structure chapter 9, 10 or 11
â€¢ Additional 7 terms from chapters 4-8
â€¢ Terms must be used in the correct context and add a meaning
â€¢ not be used: examples: money, firm, product, good or service, business, corporation, LLC, or similar terms â€“ too general to be consider specifically economic terms
- APA format: 3 points
- Market Structure paragraph: 10 points
- Labor Economics 10 points
- Video Application 8 points
- Works Cited 6 points
- Terms List, by chapter 7 points