Submit: Annotated Bibliography
This week, you will submit the annotated bibliography introduced in Week 3. This annotated bibliography will consist of six annotations on the same topic of interest.
An annotated bibliography is a document containing selected sources accompanied by a respective annotation. Each annotation consists of a summary, analysis, and application for the purpose of conveying the relevance and value of the selected source. As such, annotations demonstrate a writer’s critical thinking about and authority on the topic represented in the sources.
In preparation for your own future research, an annotated bibliography provides a background for understanding a portion of the existing literature on a particular topic. It is also a useful precursor for gathering sources in preparation for writing a subsequent literature review.
- Locate six articles on the same topic of interest—two quantitative research articles, two qualitative research articles, and two mixed methods research articles—published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prepare an annotated bibliography that includes the following:
- A one-paragraph introduction that provides context for why you selected the research articles you did.
- A reference list entry in APA Style for each of the six articles that follows proper formatting. Follow each reference list entry with a three-paragraph annotation that includes:
- A one-paragraph conclusion that presents a synthesis of the six articles.
- Format your annotated bibliography in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced. A separate References list page is not needed for this assignment.