While you have engaged with this issue for the last two projects and conducted research that increases your knowledge about this issue, this project asks that you keep a particular audience in mind as you revisit your research findings, explore new research, and think about how to successfully approach the planning and writing of your multimodal argument. Not only do you need to convince this audience that your argument has merit, but you want them to demonstrate that they are sufficiently invested so as to agree with your call to action. The challenging component is that this audience is not interested in your issue. They are a non-engaged stakeholder, defined as a person (or group of people) who is uninvolved, unconcerned, or not invested in an issue or in taking action on that issue. But you, as someone who is invested in the topic, are willing to invest your time and effort in convincing this audience that your argument and call to action have merit. This Part 1 assignment is meant to help guide your efforts and make good use of your time.
- Why is the issue that you have been researching important and timely? What kind of problem does this issue create? Name the issue, and drawing from your previous research, provide some context as to its background, and briefly note what you already know about this issue.
- What persons or organizations would be (or are currently) interested in this issue? Why? Who would not be interested in this issue. Why not?
- What do you know about the non-engaged stakeholder(s)? If you have a tangible person or group of people in mind, provide information and describe their non-engagement as best as you can. If you have a more generic sense of a non-engaged stakeholder, how would you define what characterizes this person or group of people who will be the audience that you persuade?
- What kinds of questions do you anticipate your audience asking?
- Your multimodal argument has a combination of intended purposes: to educate, engage, and empower. What kind of information do you need to provide to educate the non-engaged stakeholder? Give at least 3 examples. Why do you need this information?
- Appealing to an audienceâ€™s sense of reason and logic with facts, examples, statistics, models is an effective way to educate your audience, but what do you think is the most convincing evidence you could provide that might persuade the non-engaged stakeholder that your argument has merit? Name at least 3 points.
- What do you see as possible points of resistance in convincing your audience of the value in engaging in your issue? How will you overcome and refute this resistance without offending your audience?
- What frame of mind do you want to put your audience in to appeal to their sense of emotion? How might you create an emotional response to your plea to have your audience take on your cause?
- Why should your audience believe in you? What ethos do you bring to the argument? How might you build on the credibility, reputation, or trustworthiness of others who make similar arguments? Think about how your audience could identify with your appeals to ethos. Draw from your research for some examples.
- What kind of action do you think would advance your cause or present a reasonable solution to the problem your issue creates? What are the steps to taking this action? How will you incentivize your audience to agree with this action? What obstacles still stand in your way, and what can you do to remove them?
- What tone do you think would be most effective in convincing your non-engaged stakeholder to come around to your way of thinking? Why do you think this tone will be effective, and how will you create this tone?
- Your project 3 assignment requires 3 new sources you have not previously used, based on your preliminary responses to these questions, in what direction should your expanded research take you? Specifically, in what areas do you need more evidence to deliver an effective multimodal argument?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now