This week, you will continue to populate the Psychology Theories Template and add cognitive theories, cognitive development, Social Cognitive Theories, Behaviorist Theories, gender theories, Systems and Biopsychosocial Theories, Motivation Theories to your chart. As you continue populating your template, consider the following:
- Identify who or what contributed to the development of the theory. Were there key researchers or seminal research that led to the theory?
- Record whether the theory emphasizes nature (biology), nurture (environment), or both.
- List the primary characteristics or features of the theory (its key tenets and concepts). Be sure to include if a particular period of life is emphasized.
- List the noteworthy strengths and weaknesses of the theory.
- (Optional) Include any notes that you find helpful in understanding and applying the theory, such as potential contemporary themes or fields of research in which the theory could be applied.