Research involves collecting information or data. But the process does not stop there. In order for the data to have meaning, they need to be analyzed. This is often done by the use of statistical procedures. While some statistical procedures are extremely complex, some of the most useful are actually quite simple. In this activity, we will look at some data collected from intelligence testing and use some simple descriptive statistics to analyze it.
While completing this exercise think about the following:
- What are the common measures of central tendency and how are they found or calculated?
- What are the common measures of variation and how are they found or calculated?
You will submit a total of 10 answers for this assignment. Assume that the following is a list of scores obtained on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS). For this assignment, you are to find or calculate each of the items requested and answer each of the questions that follow.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Using the data set given below, find or calculate each of the following:
- The mean (average)
- The median
- The mode
- The Minimum range
- The Maximum range
You may use the accompanying graph to answer the following questions:
Normal Curve [PDF File size, 27KB]
6. Is the mean IQ score for this group within the normal range of intelligence?
7. Does the median of this group match that of the Normal Distribution?
8. Which score (use letter) indicates the possibility of intellectual disability?
9. Which score (use letter) is between 1 and 2 standard deviations above the mean of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale?
10. A test that gives consistent results time after is said to be?