Home Safety Assessment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Are medications safely stored and adequately labeled?______
- Are throw rugs, area rugs, and flooring materials secured?______
- Is there adequate lighting in each room?______
- Are there telephone cords or electrical cords in walkways?______
- Do the entry doors locks with deadbolts?______
- Are combustibles, such as newspapers, stored ______
- Is there adequate space around space heaters?______
- Are there exposed heating pipes?______
- Is the room/house heated cooled adequately and safely?______
- Is water heater set at 120F or lower?
- Is there a portable fire extinguisher available in the kitchen?______
- Do occupants who are smokers demonstrate safe handling
- Does the gas at the stove, furnace , and space heater work properly?______
- Are walkways clear, sturdy and wide enough to walk safely (using assistive devices
- If burglar bars are present on doors and/or windows, will they bend for
- Is there a phone within easy reach?______
- Is there a working smoke detector near the kitchen and near each sleeping area?______
- Dos the bathtub have a non-skid surface?______
- If oxygen is in use in the hours, are all occupants aware of oxygen and cord safety?______
- Are all occupants able to safely exit the home in five minutes or less?______
- Are guns or weapons safely stored?______
- Are there secure handrails on stairs?______
- If a ramp is needed, is one present and safely constructed?______
at least three feet from stove, fireplace or heater?
of cigarettes, lighters and matches?______
Emergency exit or is the key close by?______
- Is there indoor running water?______
- Is food stored properly?______
- Are there indoor toilet facilities?______
- Do the stove and/or microwave operate properly?______
- Is trash picked up on a regular scheduled basis?______
- Is the water in the kitchen, bathroom and utility are working properly
- Are there signs of rodent or pest infestation?______
- Is there adequate refrigeration?______
Modifications recommended after your assessment_____________________________________________________________
What surprised you when doing your home safety assessment?
Why are home safety assessments important for a public health nurse to know and do?
What kind of teaching/topics can you see would be important for a public health nurse to do as a result of a home safety assessment?