MUST BE AT LEAST 75-150 WORDS EACH POST….SEPARATE EACH DISCUSSION ANSWER…CITE ALL REFERENCES USED
GENERAL CAPSTONE EDUCATION
Welcome to the week 3 discussion. As culturally aware as we may be, we all see the world through the lenses of our own cultural experiences, and even the greatest among us struggle to understand people who are different from us. For this discussion, review the Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity on pages 81-85 of the Learning through Serving text.
Please respond to all the following items in your initial post by Sunday. In addition, engage with your classmates by making comments and/or asking questions that build upon your peerâ€™s posts.
- Which one of these six stages do you find yourself in?
- Why do you think that is?
- What could do to climb to the next level?
- Remember, we are all learning and growing here, so there are no right or wrong answers, so long as we are being honest with ourselves and others.
Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday.
Whatâ€™s a High-Performance Work System? (Performance Management)
Please respond to the following discussion topic. Your initial post should be a minimum of 150 words in length. Then, make at least two thoughtful responses to your fellow studentsâ€™ posts.
What are your thoughts on this concept? Please elaborate on exactly what constitutes a High-Performance Work System?
The Unforeseen Event (Student Success)
Even with the best of planning, life happens. Similar to last week, you will meet four hypothetical students who are attending ABC University. An unforeseen event happens to each one of them, and this event causes issues in their courses.
Read each scenario and then:
- Determine which student is the most likely to successfully navigate the unforeseen event and be able to remain in school. Explain why you selected that student.
- Explain what behaviors or characteristics were problematic before the unforeseen event and how those behaviors/characteristics may have contributed to a harder challenge for them to navigate.
- Identify the behaviors/characteristics/circumstances that were helpful to the student as the unforeseen event occurred.
W7: Revision Plan (ENGLISH COMP)
This week, you will consider how to improve your paper. First, review the Course Objectives (from the syllabus, and weekly “Getting Started” modules) to remind yourself about the goals of this course. Next, review the tips for revision, editing, and proofreading from the reading this week. Now consider the feedback you received on your rough draft. In your initial post to this discussion forum, discuss your rough draft in terms of the following Course Objectives:
- Finding Sources
- Analyzing Published Works
- Using APA Style
- Effective Writing
- Presenting an Argument
Identify three ways that you will apply what you have learned from the reading (be specific) to help you create the final draft of your paper (the researched argument, Week 8 assignment). Your discussion should display your knowledge of the reading.