Hi you helped with Assignment 1.1. Can you help with this assignment. Let me know if you need copy of assignment 1 for reference.
Assignment 1.2 requires you to Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
1. State your position on the topic you selected for Assignment 1.1.
2. Identify (3) three premises (reasons) from the Procon.org website that support your position and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
3. Explain your answers to the â€œbelievingâ€ questions about the three (3) premises opposing your position from the Procon.org website.
4. Examine at least two (2) types of biases that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises for and against your position.
5. Discuss the effects of your own enculturation(For example: Christianity, Muslim, grew up around guns) or group identification (For example: military, medical profession, parents with young children) that may have influenced your biases.
6. Discuss whether or not your thinking about the topic has changed after playing the â€œBelieving Game,â€ even if your position on the issue has stayed the same.
I recommend the following:
- Put headings in your paper. You can just put question 1
- Aim to complete a first draft of the paper by the end of Week 3.
The following is an example of the answer to questions 4, 5 and 6 in Assignment 1.2.
Identify two (2) biases I experienced in my examination of the topic.
One bias that I experienced in my examination of the topic is that people were bias
against the race of the people involved in the protest. Another bias was shown from people
in the military because they thought by protesting at the games the players were disrespecting the
flag. The first bias contradict my position because I am African American and I do not believe
people should be bias against race. The other bias supported my position because I believed
that the protest disrespected the flag. I do not believe the bias created a block to my thinking
because I was able to clearly tell whether or not I agreed with the bias or whether I was opposed
My background shaped the way I felt about the topic I presented in the first section.
My background has shaped the way I felt about the topic I presented in the first section.
I have always been taught by my forefathers that it is appropriate to stand while the national
anthem is being played and the flag is raised. Every football game that I have ever went to,
everybody stood and saluted the flag, we were taught this in elementary school. It has never
been an option to not stand for the national anthem because we as Americans always understood
what the flag stood for and we believed it. The flag has always played a huge role in my life all
because I was taught the true meaning of the flag. Our freedom, liberty and justice is very
important to us as Americans so, itâ€™s important that we respect the flag and what is stands for.
After using the Believing Game, my thinking about the topic has not changed.
My belief about the topic has not changed. I still believe that it was inappropriate to
protest the national anthem at football games. The flag has a very important meaning to the
American people and itâ€™s all about being free with liberty and justice for all. I understand that
people of color are being treated unfair every day and it needs to stop but, we as Americans must
also understand that not standing for the national anthem will only make things worse because
others who are in involved in law making who may be able to help make a change are against
how the protest is being done. Protesting by refusing to stand for the national anthem during a
football game in my opinion, is not the appropriate thing to do. Americans must understand that
there is a time and place for everything. However, the believing game has help me to understand
the opposing view tremendously. I have never even thought about the opposing view before I did