Module 4 Assignment 3
Course Project: eLearning Course Multimedia and Units of Instruction Justification
Designing an eLearning course should be built on evidence-based research, use sound instructional models, and have learning outcomes that are aligned with the learning activities. For this justification paper you will describe the engagement, transformative learning, and the community of inquiry principles that have guided the development of the units’ instructional activities. You will also have an opportunity to evaluate the navigation and interface for how well it meets instructional design guidelines.
Review Chapters 10 and 11 in Stavredes and Herder (2014) and Chapters 3 and 4 in Conrad and Donaldson (2012). Also revisit the articles you read for this module’s discussion on the use of social media in eLearning environments. Reflect on how well you have implemented the principles of engagement, transformative learning, and CoI principles to the design of your multimedia piece, course unit structure, and instructional strategies.
By Day 7 of Week 8, submit a 3- to 6-page paper that contains the following:
Engagement and Transformative Learning using Multimedia
- Describe and analyze which phases of engagement (Conrad & Donaldson, 2012) and/or which of the CoI presences (deNoyelles, Zydney & Chen, 2014) align with the multimedia piece you designed for your eLearning course.
- Justify the theories and principles of multimedia you considered when making choices for the design of your multimedia piece (Stavredes & Herder, 2014; pp. 98–114).
Design of Course Activities (Stavredes & Herder, 2014; Chapter 9)
- Complete and include the Instructional Strategies Mapping Worksheet (p. 117).
- Describe how the instructional activities align to course outcomes and assessments.
Units of Instruction
- Explain and defend the unit structure you plan to use for each of the three weeks of your eLearning course (Stavredes & Herder, 2014; pp. 139–140).
- Describe the role of interactive online tools, apps, social media, and mobile learning in your eLearning course.
- Discuss the strategies you have to encourage student collaboration
- Use citations of empirical studies from the module Learning Resources (and more current studies) that support your decision.
- Include the benefits and challenges technologies add to an eLearning course.
Organizing the Course Environment
- Describe how your eLearning course takes into account navigation and interface design principles (Stavredes & Herder, 2014; pp. 161–164).
Phases of Engagement
- Describe and explain your plan to implement and assess engagement in your eLearning course (Conrad & Donaldson, 2012).
Submit this Assignment by Day 7 of Week 8.
My online class – RLR7775.coursesites.com
1. www.waldenu.edu – click on my walden up top of website
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. go to student services tab and go down to walden bookstore
4. log in same as the address and password in step 2
5. go to digital content and hit the tab and go to the second book in order to see
Guide to online Course Design