Critical Thinking in a Business Decision
Carl, the president of the company acquired by RPZ Marketing, has agreed to be interviewed by the business columnist of the local newspaper on the topic of the decision to sell the company to RPZ. For this assignment, imagine that you are Carl, preparing for this interview.
The columnist has provided Carl with a list of questions he should be prepared to address. Based on the two videos about the case study, respond to the following interview questions from Carl’s perspective, as if you were Carl. Keep in mind that the story that results from this interview will be featured in the business section of the local newspaper, and that Carl will continue to serve as one of the division heads of the new combined company.
- How would you describe your company’s competitive position prior to the merger?
- When you were faced with this opportunity, what did you see as the most important facts that you needed to address?
- What assumptions, guesses, or predictions did you make about your customers?
- What alternative approaches did you consider, and how did you assess the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How did you present the decision to sell Genaflek Marketing to your board of directors?
Your interview responses should show a logical consideration of the case, and the likely assumptions and concerns of an executive like Carl. In addition, your responses should be communicated using a positive, tactful attitude, appropriate for a business executive communicating in a public forum. Write your responses in either first person or third person.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Written communication: Communication should be clear, well-organized, and support a central idea, with no technical writing errors, as expected of a business professional.
- Length of paper: Approximately 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.