For the Portfolio Project, write a paper about a historical event that you or someone you know experienced from 1945 to the present.
It is imperative to research the event and place it into proper historical perspective.
For example, a person may have been raised during the 1960s civil rights demonstrations in Birmingham, Alabama. Do not tell only the personal story but also examine and explain the events of the civil rights movement that influenced the personal story. In other words, the paper must not only tell the person’s story but also represent the historical significance of the time and events.
This paper must include a discussion of the following topics:
- A thorough summary of the personal story, including the incidents that took place and the key individuals involved.
- The importance of the event in the larger scope of U.S. history. Explain the historical situation of the event.
- How the event changed the daily life of the person from whose perspective you are writing.
- The lasting legacy of the event in the U.S. and the world.
Your final deliverable should be 6-8 pages in length (excluding cover page and references) and formatted according to the APA GUIDELINES. Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the assigned textbook reading and relevant research.
Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the assigned textbook reading and relevant research. You must include a minimum of five resources, including
- At least one primary resource (textbook or required reading)
- At least one scholarly journal
- Secondary resources (credible, academic, or professional references beyond the text or required course readings).
Remember, a strong paper must contain the following:
- A clearly defined introduction, body with at least two main ideas, and a conclusion
- Examples supporting your thesis
- A forceful conclusion reiterating your main ideas
DEAR WRITER, I HAVE ATTACHED ALL PRIOR ASSIGNMENTS RELATED TO THIS ASSIGNENT. PLEASE USE THEM. THANKS!