Choose a project format from one of the following options:
- Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper, excluding the title and references pages; or
- Create a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation, excluding the title and references slides. You must also include an audio voice-over transcript or slide notes.
Directions: Choose two empires discussed in the course, and analyze three strategies that each of the two empires attempted to pursue in order to create, expand, maintain, or defend their rule. As part of your analysis, explain the consequences of these efforts, and provide specific examples drawn from the scholarly sources you are using to support your assertions and/or claims.
Refer to the HIS103 Final Project Help Sheet for additional help and guidance in completing your Final Project.
Your project must meet the following research criteria:
- Must include at least five scholarly sources to support the argument.
- A minimum of three sources must be from the Ashford University Library.
- One of the five sources must be a primary source.
- In addition to the five scholarly sources, you are encouraged to utilize images that enhance a presentation and contribute to it; however, remember that images are not a substitute for the content that must be presented in the slide notes or transcript.
- Must include in-text citations to required sources, whether a) within the written assignment or b) within the presentation slides, transcript, or slide notes.
- You may refer to the Mahdavi textbook, but it does not count toward your required sources. Your project cannot be dominated by citations of Mahdavi.
- Must include full references for all sources, whether on a references page for the written assignment, or on a references slide for a presentation and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Refer to the HIS 103 Research Guide for help selecting appropriate sources.
Your project must exhibit the following communication skills:
- Accurate and appropriate syntax and mechanics.
- Clear expression, organization, and development of ideas.
Your project must include the following style criteria:
- A title page or title slide including:
- Title of project
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- All text passages, whether in a written assignment or in presentation slide notes or transcript, must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Cite all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Include a separate references page or slide formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Apply Week Three Final Project Preparation Assignment feedback.
- Include an introduction that establishes the scope of the project by identifying the chosen empires and by providing a clear thesis statement.
- Include a conclusion that summarizes the research, content, direction, and purpose of the project.