Avoiding groupthink” in the Manning and Curtis book, pp. 256–258.investigate multiple examples of groupthink and present information about the phenomenon and at least 3 scenarios / examples (other than the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster) in a PowerPoint presentation. Your presentation must cover examples/scenarios in which groupthink has had a significant consequence.
Because the content on your slides should be limited, either TYPE what you would actually say in an onsite presentation in the notes beneath each slide
Real world examples of groupthink include:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- The Bay of Pigs invasion. An invasion was planned by the Eisenhower administration, but accepted by the Kennedy administration without question when they took over. The administration ignored questions and accepted stereotypes about the Cubans without questioning whether the Central Intelligence Agency information made sense.
- The bombing of Pearl Harbor. Many of the senior officers at Pearl Harbor did not take warnings from Washington DC about potential invasion seriously despite the fact that Japanese messages had been intercepted. Those who didn’t take action believed that the Japanese wouldn’t dare to attempt an assault against the U.S. because they would recognize the futility of war with the United States.
- The collapse of Swissair. The airline was once so financially solvent it was called the “Flying Bank.” However, they began to believe they were invulnerable and as a result of failing to question poor decisions and gross mismanagement, the airline eventually went bankrupt.
- The mass resignation of the Major League Umpires Association. The members resigned in 1999 in an attempt to gain a stronger negotiating position. They overestimated the resolve and unity of their members and the strength of their position within major league baseball. As a result, their efforts were not effective.
- Every slide should have clear, readable text generally no smaller than 28 point font; remember to limit your use of full sentences and do not include any full paragraphs.
- Each slide should also have some kind of visual to enhance the communication of that content. Using APA guidelines cite your sources, including in-text citations. Place the citation on the slide or in the notes below.
- The professional team product includes an overview slide, introduction, multiple content slides, and a conclusion, as well as a reference slide. Better products usually have about 15 to 20 slides . You may need more for more complex products.