For this assignment, begin by identifying a legal issue within a university or college with legal ramifications. The problem can be an actual problem that you have witnessed within your college or university, or a legal issue taken from current headlines. Conduct a deep and thorough scholarly review of the legal issue, and then construct a proposal to address the issue.
As you develop your proposal, consider writing it as if you will actually present this to your superior in an institution of higher learning. Many students have used a paper such as this to offer as a true proposal for their university or college. Your proposal may be the very solution your organization is seeking!
In your proposal, use the following format:
- Use the first paragraph to concisely introduce the problem.
- Follow the first paragraph with background information that explains the history of the problem and any other pertinent information discovered in the scholarly review of the matter.
- Include at least three of the following concepts in your paper as related to the concepts you learned throughout the course:
- Public and private institutions and the concept of â€œstate action.â€
- The jurisdiction of the courts and the implications of judicial opinions for post-secondary administrators.
- Legal issues as related to post-secondary students, faculty, and administrators.
- Judicial decisions, their origin in legislative acts, and their effect on the administration of colleges and universities.
- Basic parameters of the legal liability of post-secondary administrators.
- Explain how the problem affects the institution (students, faculty, administrators, stakeholders).
- Provide legal solution(s) to the problem.
- Recommend solutions that may not have been considered, based on research studies.
- Use Level 1, 2, and 3 APA headings to structure the paper. (Refer to your APA Manual for heading structure.)
Length: 12 pages, not including the title and reference pages (Reference no older than 6 years)
References: Include a minimum of 10 scholarly resources
Your proposal should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.