Interprofessional Collaboration Project
Interprofessional collaboration has been identified as essential to the delivery of safe, effective, and patient-centered healthcare (Baker, Pulling, McGraw, Dagnone, Hopkins-Rosseel, & Medves, 2008). As healthcare organizations utilize more collaborative models, it is important to provide future healthcare providers and practitioners with interprofessional education to help support this collaboration within practice upon graduation (Baker et al., 2008).
The purpose of this assignment is to:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1) Substantiate the importance of interprofessional collaboration within healthcare.
2) Emphasize the impact interprofessional collaboration can have upon safe, effective, patient-centered care.
3) Enable you an opportunity to CREATE A PROJECT that involves interprofessional collaboration which you can use to help support optimal care of patients at your place of employment.
Requirements of this project:
1) Topics must be pre-approved by course faculty. Please post your idea for the project using the assignment link in the Interprofessional Collaboration Project folder found within the Long-Term Assignment link in blackboard. This should be completed by September 18, 2016.
2) There is no length requirement to this assignment (length should satisfy clear explanation of project idea and impact upon patient care and please consider the point value of this assignment and the length of an assignment that substantiates the 375 points awarded for your work), although APA guidelines should be followed and a title page and reference page should be included. Please create a project and length appropriate for 375 possible points! This is designed to be the most substantial project you complete in this course!
3) The title for this project should not be Professional Collaboration Project. A more professional title should be selected.
4) There must be at least seven (7) references, with a minimum of five (5) journal articles from scholarly sources.
5) Submit the paper through the Turnitin link.
6) Submit the paper using the naming convention given in the Syllabus. For this paper, the example is, SmithMInterprofessionalCollaborationProject.
7) Before beginning this assignment, please read the following articles for background and reference. (Attachments on Blackboard in Long-Term Assignments folder entitled Interprofessional Collaboration Project).
a. Rose, L. (2011). Interprofessional collaboration in the ICU: How to define? Nursing in Critical Care, 16(1), 5-10.
b. Rice, K., Zwarenstein, M., Conn, L. G., Kenaszchuk, C., Russell, A., & Reeves, S. (2010). An intervention to improve interprofessional collaboration and communications: A comparative qualitative study. Journal of Interprofessional Care, 24(4), 350-361. doi: 10.3109/13561820903550713
c. Mann, K., Sargeant, J., & Hill, T. (2009). Knowledge translation in interprofessional education: What difference does interprofessional education make to practice? Learning in Health and Social Care, 8(3), 154-164. doi: 10.1111/j.1473-6861.2008.00207.x
Baker, C., Pulling, C., McGraw, R., Dagnone, J. D., Hopkins-Rosseel, D., & Medves, J. (2008). Simulation in interprofessional education for patient-