Note: To participate in this discussion, you must have access to a machine running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
As a network manager, you will need to be alerted when certain errors are flagged/recorded on the network.
- For Windows 7, click the Start button, Control Panel, System, and Security. Then, under Administrative Tools, click View event logs.
- For Windows 8.1, right-click the Start button and click Event Viewer. The center pane of the Event Viewer will show you the log of events for the machine.
- Scroll through the events until you find one that has occurred multiple times over the past two weeks and has been logged by the system.
- Explain why you would or would not be concerned about this event if you were the network manager.
- Reply to a fellow colleague’s post with a question challenging their stance.