For this assignment you will take a case-study (THIS WILL BE PROVIDED) and give your analytical opinion (thesis) on the case. Second, you will detail the threat in a NINE SECTION THREAT ASSESSMENT FORMAT.
Below are the required sections. Please include the section headings in RED on your assignment.
- OVERALL THREAT ASSESSMENT/ANALYTICAL OPINION: How much of a threat does this non-state actor actually pose to your chosen nation-state, taking everything into consideration? Is the threat successful at exerting its influence? Is the nation-state’s response effective or ineffective?
- HISTORY: This is the section where you can discuss the history of the threat and your nation’s perception and response. Discuss why and how the threat came to be. Why did it become a threat? What was its initial motivation? What environmental/societal/economic/etc. factors contributed to its formation?
- MEMBERSHIP/LEADERSHIP: Who makes up the threat? Why do they participate? What is their motivation? Who are the leaders, if any? How effective are they?
- STRUCTURE/ORGANIZATION: How is the threat structured? Is there an organization? What is it?
- CURRENT GOAL/MOTIVATION: What is the current goal/motivation of the threat entity? What is it trying to achieve? Has it evolved since its formation?
- TACTICS/CAPABILITIES: What tactics does the threat employ? How capable is it? What weapons/tools does it use?
- FUNDING/CONNECTIONS: Where does the threat get funding? Supplies? Weapons? Does the threat have connections to any other organizations, nation-states, etc.?
- LOCATION/SCOPE/MAGNITUDE: Where does the threat operate? How broad in scope is the threat? Are they a regional threat or a global threat beyond the immediate threat to your nation-state?
- COUNTERING THE THREAT: How has the nation-state countered the threat? Also, please suggest possible ways to mitigate or counter the threat.
*10 to 12 pages total (not including title page and bibliography), typed double-spaced in Times New Roman, 12-pont font. Chicago Style Manual for all citations and bibliography. A minimum of 10 (10) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.