Organizational Development (OD) looks at how an organization can expand the knowledge and effectiveness of its people to be a more successful organization. When psychologists realized that the structure of an organization influences worker behavior and motivation, the science of OD came about. This assignment will give you the opportunity to look at an organization’s climate and culture and determine how they influence the development of the organization.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion..
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years)
Write a paper of 2,000-2,500 words in which you discuss the impact that culture, climate, and interventions influence organizational development. Support your responses with current research. In your paper, address the following:
- Delineate the difference between organizational culture and organizational climate and describe how they impact organizational development.
- Describe three major OD intervention techniques and how they are applied.
- Discuss appreciative inquiry and how it could guide organizational development.