Please follow upload guidelines to do the paper. The paper has to have two scholarly articles within the last five years. Use proper APA citations and format. Total of six pages including reference and title along with the body of the paper needs to be 3-4 pages in APA format. Paper has to be related to the PICOT question listed here: Do patients in the hospital (P) who wear face masks (I) have a lower risk than those who do not wear a mask (C) of contracting COVID-19 (O) within 14 days of being exposed to a positive patient (T)?
The purpose of this paper is to interpret the two articles identified as most important to the group topic.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice.
(POs 4 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to
Total points possible: 200 points
Preparing the assignment
1. Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
2. Please make sure you do not duplicate articles within your group.
3. The paper will include the following:
a. Clinical Question (30 points/15%)
1. Describe the problem: What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Significance of problem: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this
is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. Purpose of the paper: What will your paper do or describe?
***Please note that although most of these questions are the same as you addressed in paper 1, the purpose of
this paper is different. You can use your paper 1 for items 1 & 2 above, including any faculty suggestions for
improvement provided as feedback.
b. Evidence Matrix Table: Data Summary (Appendix A) – (60 points/30%)
Categorize items in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. References (recent publication within the last 5 years)
2. Purpose/Hypothesis/Study Question(s)
3. Variables: Independent (I) and Dependent (D)
4. Study Design
5. Sample Size and Selection
6. Data Collection Methods
7. Major Findings (Evidence)
c. Description of Findings (60 points/30%)
Describe the data in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. Compare and contrast variables within each study.
2. What are the study design and procedures used in each study; qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method
study, levels of confidence in each study, etc.?
3. Participant demographics and information.
4. Instruments used, including reliability and validity.
5. How do the research findings provide evidence to support your clinical problem, or what further evidence
is needed to answer your question?
6. Next steps: Identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
d. Conclusion (20 points/10%)
Review major findings in a summary paragraph.
1. Evidence to address your clinical problem.
2. Make a connection back to all the included sections.
NR449 Evidence-Based Practice
RUA: Analyzing Published Research Guidelines
3. Wrap up the assignment and give the reader something to think about.
e. Format (30 points/15%)
1. Correct grammar and spelling
2. Include a title and reference page
3. Use of headings for each section:
o Synthesis of the Literature
− Implications for Future Work
5. Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines
6. Include at least two (2) scholarly, current (within 5 years) primary sources other than the textbook
7. 3-4 pages in length, excluding appendices, title and reference pages
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully
understand the concepts learned.