Please write a paragraph responding to the discussion bellow. Add citations and references in alphabetical order.
Mr. C is a 32 y.o. single male, with a BMI of 45%, on a low sodium diet and employed at a telephone center (a sitting position). Due to his morbid obesity and sedentary lifestyle, he is already showing signs of health risk: high blood pressure, sleep apnea, hyperglycemia, hypercholesterolemia, and now peptic ulcer disease that will cause reflux. Even with the health problems he is exhibiting the risk of gastric surgery would not be recommended at this time. “Gastric bypass surgeries are typically done only after you’ve tried to lose with by improving your diet and excercise habits” (Mayo Clinic, 2019). Mr. C does meet the BMI and health risk criteria, but he has shown no diet or exercise plan or attempts to lose weight. He needs to change his diet and exercise routine first in an attempt to lose weight and improve his health risk, most of the health risk will improve with the change.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
6 a.m. Sucralfate/Carafate 10ml
10 a.m. Mylanta 15ml
11 a.m. Sucralfate/Carafate 10ml
3 p.m. Mylanta 15ml
5 p.m. Sucralfate/Carafate 10ml
9 p.m. Mylanta 15ml
10 p.m. Mylanta 15ml, Sucralfate/Carafate 10ml and Zantac 300mg
Functional Health Patterns
Health perception and management- Mr. C recognizes that he is very over weight, that is having health issues because of his weight and is looking for help to prevent further complications.
Nutrition/Metabolic patterns- he has already started a low sodium diet to help with blood pressure, but this will not help in the weight loss. Due to diet and obesity he now has other health issues being identified: hyperglycemia and hypercholesterolemia.
Exercise- Mr. C is employed in a sitting job and does not get any exercise.
Sleep- complains about sleep apnea
Cognitive perception- realizes he is overweight and is having helath issues, so is seeking help to lose weight.
Self perception- realizes he has gained 100 pounds over the past 2 years and that he needs help to lose it.
Sexuality- 32 years old and single
Coping/stress tolerance- seems like he is trying to rationalize his weight, states he has always been heavy even as a child. Lack of exercise will make you feel bad, and sleep apnea is a stress on the body.
- No exercise. Mr. C works in a job that does not provide any activity. Exercise, even just walking 15-30 min a day can help improve his health and lower his blood pressure and labs, along with losing some weight.
- Sleep apnea. “serious sleep disorder, when you stop breathing repeatedly during sleep resulting in the brain and body not getting enough oxygen” (Ambardekar, 2018). Mr. C is at risk because of being male and overweight; sleep apnea “can increase risk for high blood pressure and diabetes” (Ambardekar, 2018).
- Borderline diabetes. Mr. C has a BMI of 45%, his fasting blood sugar was 145 H, triglyceride 312mg/dl, and he gets no exercise.
- Heart failure is a potential problem. He is obese, high blood glucose, cholesterol 250 H, hypertension, sleep apnea, and no exercise all of which are contributing factors to heart disease.
- Depression is a potential problem. Mr. C is only 32 yr. old, still single, overweight, limited social interactions, and now serious health issues starting to appear.
Ambardekar, N., (2018). Sleep Apnea. WebMD. Retrieved from