In healthcare, the terms “balanced scorecard” and a “dashboard” are used to describe performance measurement tools that are broad in scope but summarized in a few key indicators. In this assignment, you will create a specific dashboard for an operating Week of a healthcare organization.
- Select and describe a specific division of a larger healthcare organization, such as an emergency department, a surgical service, or a physician practice.
- Locate at least three recent (within the past three years) journal articles from professional, peer-reviewed journals that discuss dashboard, balanced scorecard, and performance measurement in your chosen healthcare division.
- Write a review of each article and include complete citations.
- Based on the information learned, create and justify the need for four categories of measurement, such as customer satisfaction or financial performance. For each of these four categories, create three specific performance measures. For each measure, describe how it is calculated and/or where the data can be found.
- Explain how the performance measures may change if the analysis is for the organization as a whole rather than a division of the organization.
Gordon, J., & Richardson, E. (2012). Continuous improvement using balanced scorecard in healthcare. American Journal of Health Sciences, 3(3), 185-188. doi:http://dx.doi.org.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.ed…
Perkins, M., Grey, A., & Remmers, H. (2014). What do we really mean by “balanced scorecard”? International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 63(2), 148-169. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.southuniversity.libpro…
- cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.