For your Final Project, you are to review the literature and develop a new 8-week therapy group of your choice. The Final Project has two parts. The first is a narrative describing the type of group, your rationale, the population whom you plan to target, and a review of the relevant literature. The second part is in outline form and includes the weekly goals and topics for the group. Please refer to the guidelines listed below.
- Part I: Descriptive Narrative
- Part 2: 8-Week Therapy Plan
- Yalom, I. D., & Leszcz, M. (2005). The theory and practice of group psychotherapy (5th ed.). New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Chen, E. C., Kakkad, D., & Balzano, J. (2008). Multicultural competence and evidenced-based practice in group therapy. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 64(11), 1261â€“1278.
- Wilson, F. R., Rapin, L. S. & Haley-Banez, L. (2004). How teaching group work can be guided by foundational documents: Best practice guidelines, diversity principles, and training standards. The Journal for Specialists in Group Work, 29(1), 19â€“29.
Sue, D.W., & Torino, G.C. (2005). Racialâ€“cultural competence: Awareness, knowledge, and skills. In R.T. Carter (Ed.), Handbook of racialâ€“cultural psychology and counseling: Vol. 2. Training and practice (pp. 3â€“18). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- American Counseling Association. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/
- American Psychological Association. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/about/division/div49.aspx
- Association for Specialists in Group Work. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.asgw.org/