- You must answer all four questions in order to qualify for the full number of points (40).
- Each essay must be at least one double-spaced page in length.
- “Essay form” means NO Bullet points, lists of items, abbreviations, or short answer responses.
- You may not use numbers (e.g. 1,2,3) or letters (e.g. a.b.c.) to designate your answer.
- Good grammar and correct spelling is required.
- Reply in full sentences only.
PHHE 467-1Final Exam Essay Questions:
- A basic course question, built on what we have learned in PHHE 467:
Explain the basic differences among a True Experimental Research Design, a Quasi-Experimental Design and a Non-Experimental design. Which one of the three types of
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
designs is most commonly used in public health field research, and why? (This is a comparison-contrast question).
2.PHHE 467 has emphasized the need to use evaluation techniques which yield valid andreliable data.If you were conducting a health survey of DeKalb County residents, what kinds of issues would you have to consider in the process of survey selection, creating a survey, survey data collection, types of surveys, and cultural and diversity influences?How would these issues relate to reliability and validity concerns?
3.Joel Cowen’s classic Mental Health Needs Assessment (2009) features four types of needs assessment tools. Briefly describe each kind of assessment and explain why each type of assessment is useful in determining the unmet needs of a community. (Hint: Each of the four assessment tools (techniques) samples a different perspective [examples: field professionals, health services providers, prospective services clientele]). What perspective does each assessment tool reflect? Why is it important to use multiple kinds of needs assessment tools in gauging the needs of a population?What is meant by the phrase “Weight of the evidence”?How is this concept important to the art of crafting a valid and reliable needs assessment?
4. Compare and contrast the positives and negatives of the four kinds of cost analysis (cost benefit, cost effectiveness, cost utility and cost feasibility). How is each kind of cost analysis generally used in local program planning? How is each one particularly useful?How is each one limited in what it does for us as project evaluators and planners?