Read chapter 4 (book on chegg)
Account for chegg:
Read the two attached articles as well.
After reading, please follow theses instruction for the response paper.
- Read Chapter Four of the du Pre textbook along with Walker & Walker’s “Unscripted Loss” and O’Rourke’s “What’s Wrong with Me.”
- You must draw explicit references from both the book and the article. Cite appropriately.
- How does the article demonstrate any of the concepts in du Pré or do you find a deviation from how they are represented?
- Consider some of the themes brought up through class discussion
- Compare and contrast the way textbook author du Pré describes an aspect of the patient experience and the way O’Rourke describes it specifically.
- “Fill in the blanks” – what does du Pré discuss that O’Rourke doesn’t or what further information is provided in one account that isn’t provided in the other.
- If you can think of an analogy from popular culture (such as film or television) or from your personal observations that connect to this concept, please include a brief reference.
- Be sure to provide your personal commentary in this paper. Do not simply summarize.
- Give your paper a creative title.
- Organization counts – even in a brief paper, there should be some structure that guides the reader through your thinking: attention-getter, preview, transitions between paragraphs, a brief (1-2 sentence) summary conclusion.
- Grammar and spelling count – you might choose a very interesting focus, but if I struggle through reading your description, you won’t receive a very strong grade. So be sure to proofread your paper or, even better, have someone else read it for clarity.
- Be sure to fulfill the word count parameter of 750 words (approximately 2 pages)