In M1: Assignment 2, you examined an important factor contributing to a child’s success. Now with your understanding that there are many different areas of impact within the realms of family, peers, school, and community, it is helpful to explore your own experience and reaction to some of these areas of influence. It is very common for our own experiences as a child to significantly impact our interactions with children, if we are not first aware of our beliefs and reactions.
Based on your review of the influences of family, peers, schools, and community, respond to the following:
- Looking back at your own experiences and influences, analyze which of these influences had the biggest impact on your own development when you were a child or adolescent. Give reasons for your answer.
- How has this impact (for example, family or peer situation, community influence, or school environment) been influenced by the various adults in your life (parents, teachers, coaches)?
- Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research your findings further. Respond to the following:
- Explain how your biggest influence aligns with the research. Incorporate information from at least two academic sources to support your statements and ideas. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
- Who are the major proponents (theorists past or current) of your chosen influence and how did they reach these conclusions?
- Ask two adults what or who had the most impact on them. Compare this self-report data with your experience and your research about prominent influences.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include separate title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Analyzed the influence that had the biggest impact on your development as a child or adolescent.||
|Explained how the “influence factor” was further affected by the various adults in your life.||
|Incorporated information from at least two academic sources in identifying the research that aligned with your biggest influence.||
|Identified the major proponents of the chosen impact area providing reasons for the conclusions of those theorists (past or current).||
|Compared and contrasted your experience about influence with data from at least two adults.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||