Please read page # 277 – 283 from chapter 13, “Crafting a Deployment Strategy” from the attached book and briefly explain the following questions.
- What factors do you think enabled Sega to break Nintendoâ€™s near monopoly of the U.S. video game console market in the late 1980s?
- Why did Nintendo choose to not make its video game consoles backward compatible? What were the advantages and disadvantages of this strategy?
- What strengths and weaknesses did Sony have when it entered the video game market in 1995?
- What strengths and weaknesses did Microsoft have when it entered the video game market in 2001?
- Comparing the deployment strategies used by the firms in each of the generations, can you identify any timing, licensing, pricing, marketing, or distribution strategies that appear to have influenced firmsâ€™ success and failure in the video game industry?