Read the following essays
Multitasking Increases Study Time, Lowers Grades by Colin Poitras
Believe it or not, dads can multitask, too by Nevin Martell
The Multitasking Debate by Dr. Todd Senft
After you have completed the readings above, choose one of the essays to summarize.
1. Summary (20 points) Due before midnight Sat. 9-1
Write an “Outline Summary” as shown on p.75 in Joining the Conversation.
- First sentence identifies author, title, main point. See the Main Point Summary on p. 74.
- Weave in a key phrase in the first sentence–NOT a full-sentence quote. Just a phrase, 2-4 words that are central to the essay.
- Weave in three more key phrases as shown in the sample summary.
No full-sentence quotes.
- Use MLA format. (See video) Cite essay on Works Cited page.
2. Prewriting: Responses and Thesis (20 pts.) Due Tu 9-4
Next write a paragraph of response to the essay you have summarized for each of the following headings. Type in each heading on the assignment.