For this assignment, assume that you have been asked to present a PowerPoint presentation at your local community center about the topics of world poverty and education. You have decided to use Peter Singer’s article (ATTACHED) as the starting point of your presentation. As you craft your presentation you will need to:
- Present the major claims of Singer.
- Present your own original argument offering thoughtful solutions to real-world problems.
- Back up your argument with outside research.
Develop a 12–15-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Be sure to include the following:
- Describe the portions of Singer’s article you seek to engage/critique.
- Clearly state your own argument/thesis in response.
- Remember, the nature of the stance is not important; you can agree or disagree with any point Singer makes in the article. The important thing is for you to construct a stance that clearly engages Singer’s position. Include properly cited examples from the article.
- As you advance your own thesis, be sure to include your position on how to address the problems that Singer discusses in his article. Again, you may agree or disagree with Singer; however, be sure to offer your own solutions to the issue of world poverty, as discussed by Singer.
- Support your argument with the use of original research.
- Use at least three credible, academic resources to support your positions.
- These should be sources other than Singer’s “America’s Shame” article.
- Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Also attached is the presentation and design checklist