1. Electronic health records (EHRs) can serve as an archive to capture clinical care provided and transmit or share clinical summary information with other providers. Since physical documents exist for patients, such as authorizations, insurance cards, and test results from other providers, EHRs also obtain information through scanning, which is specific to an individual patient. EHRs also provide coding intelligence for clinical providers based upon a patient’s history and exam. In turn, this feature offers compliant charge capture for billing of services to health insurers. The efficiency of EHRs is limited only by the imagination of the end user. In addition, specialized software can provide automated data analytics as specified by clinicians or management. Customer relationship management software is available to send patients visit reminders, newsletters, and patient education materials. With the implementation of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) starting on January 1, 2017, EHRs must have the ability to transmit clinical summaries to patients and referral sources via secure email.
Complete the Understanding Electronic Health Records worksheet.
- Define each term related to EHRs.
- Explain the purpose or importance of each term as it relates to EHRs.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Technology Used to Improve Patient Experience
2. The health care industry is constantly evolving. Its evolution is driven and affected by new and improved technologies. As technology is developed and improved upon, the health care industry can use it to improve patient experience. Patient experience can have an impact on several aspects of the health care industry, most importantly facility revenue.
Complete the Technology Used to Improve Patient Experience chart.
- Identify five technologies that can improve patient experience. You can choose from the examples below or research some of your own to use:
- Communication methods
- Patient records
- Patient portals
- TelemedicineOnline medical care
- Patient care
- Describe the five technologies you identified.
- Explain how each selected technology improves patient experience.
- Include an artifact that represents each technology selected (e.g., an image, video, or article of the selected technology).
In this assignment, you will be required to correctly cite the resources you used. The Center for Writing Excellence has the Reference and Citation Generator, which can be used to ensure that you have correctly formatted citations. Remember that there is a guide linked to the homepage of the Reference and Citation Generator and under student materials in this course if you need assistance.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources.