As with your previous assignments, you will complete this assignment with the DAA Template. Links to additional resources are available in the Resources area.
Reminder: The format of this SPSS assignment should be narrative with supporting statistical output (table and graphs) integrated into the text in the appropriate places (not all at the end of the document).
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA.
- Provide the context of the grades.sav data set.
- Include a definition of the specified variables (predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of measurement.
- Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA.
- Analyze the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA.
- Paste the SPSS histogram output for quiz3 and discuss your visual interpretations.
- Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values for quiz3 and interpret them.
- Paste SPSS output for the Shapiro-Wilk test of quiz3 and interpret it.
- Report the results of the Levene test and interpret it.
- Summarize whether or not the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA.
- Specify a research question related to the one-way ANOVA.
- Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Specify the alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA.
- Begin by pasting SPSS output of the means plot and providing an interpretation.
- Also report the means and standard deviations of quiz3 for each level of the section variable.
- Next, paste the SPSS ANOVA output and report the results of the F test, including:
- Degrees of freedom.
- F value.
- p value.
- Calculated effect size.
- Interpretation of the effect size.
- Finally, if the omnibus F is significant, provide the SPSS post-hoc (Tukey HSD) output.
- Interpret the post-hoc tests.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA.
- Discuss the conclusions of the one-way ANOVA as it relates to the research question.
- Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of one-way ANOVA.
Submit your DAA Template as an attached Word document in the assignment area.
- One-Way ANOVA Scoring Guide.
- DAA Template.
- SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines.
- IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: One-Way ANOVA.
- Copy/Export Output Instructions.
unit10 Tips Directly from the instructor:
1.When starting any assignment in this course, always start by reading the Scoring Guide. For this assignment, you will be using the “One-Way ANOVA Scoring Guide”. All Capella instructors grade assignments directly off of the Scoring Guide, so it is crucial to address each individual component. I always recommend learners try to address all aspects under the “Distinguished” column and read through this first.
2.To complete the assignment, you will want to use the “DAA Template”. When completed, you will turn this in as your final product (no other documents should be turned in). However, the DAA Template is used for all assignments, so you will have to look at the specific instructions listed in the Unit 10 Assignment 1 area, to complete the assignment.The “SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines” is another document that can be helpful when working on each of the assignments. However, this document is not specific to any assignment, but can be used as a guide while working.
3.For Section One:
Hint: Section One does not require anything to be done in SPSS to answer it.
You will be answering the questions listed in the DAA Template AND in the Unit 10 Assignment area about the twodifferent variables (section, quiz3).
In addition to including the scale of measurement for each variable, make sure to indicate which variable is the predictor variable and which is the outcome variable.
Hint 1: The “Section” variable has three levels (Section 1, 2, and 3).
4.For Section Two:Next, you will want to open the “IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: One-Way ANOVA” link. You will want to follow these instructions very closely EXCEPT for the fact that you will be running the procedures with the Unit 10 variables:
- section (please see hint below- Section is not used in these firstSPSS procedures)
Hint 1: You are only running SPSS tests for assumptions on quiz3 (you only need one histogram and one set of descriptive statistics for your SPSS output).
5.For Section Three:
Hint: Section Three does not require anything to be done in SPSS to answer it.
Make sure to follow the specific instructions listed in the Unit 10 Assignment 1 area under Section Three and the “DAA Template”.
Hint 1: I would strongly recommend implementing any feedback I provided to you in your previous assignments for this section.
6.For Section Four:You will be working from the “IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: One-Way ANOVA” link. You will want to follow these instructions very closely EXCEPT for the fact that you will be running the procedures with the following variables:
Hint: When answering the questions about the One-Way ANOVA (this is found in the Unit 10 Assignment 1 area under Section Four), please make sure to report the results in proper APA format.
7.For Section Five: Almost there!
Hint 1: You will use all of the information you worked on in Sections 1-4 to fully answer these questions.
Hint 2: Don’t forget to include a discussion of the strengths and limitations of the One-Way ANOVA (See rubric).
8.Finally, while working, don’t forget to look over the “One-Way ANOVAScoring Guide” rubric to make sure you addressed each aspect of the rubric under the “Distinguished” column. Make sure to also proof-read your assignment before submission.