Ex1: After completing the reading for Lessons 2 and 3, share with the class your thoughts on a recorded music piece, chosen from the course selections found in the listening lab. (Do not use Benjamin Britten’s piece Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra).
Briefly describe in about 200 words:
1) The basic elements of music (e.g., instrumentation, motion, pitch,…) that the piece exhibits.
2) Did you like the piece?
3) What aspects of the piece stood out for you?
Ex2: This class is primarily about a musical genre called “classical.” When you hear this term:
1) What do you picture in your mind?
2) What does a classical musician look like?
3) Do people dress like the music they listen to the most? Do you?