You work for a high-tech company with approximately 390 employees. Your firm recently won a large DoD contract, which will add 30% to the revenue of your organization. It is a high-priority, high-visibility project. You will be allowed to make your own budget, project timeline, and tollgate decisions.
This course project will require you to form a team and develop the proper DoD security policies required to meet DoD standards for delivery of technology services to the U.S. Air Force Cyber Security Center (AFCSC), a DoD agency. To do this, you must develop DoD-approved policies and standards for your IT infrastructure (see the “Tasks” section below). The policies you create must pass DoD-based requirements. Currently, your organization does not have any DoD contracts and thus has no DoD-compliant security policies or controls in place.
Your firm’s computing environment includes the following:
- 12 servers running Microsoft Server 2012 R2, providing the following:
- Active Directory (AD)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application (Oracle)
- A Research and Development (R&D) Engineering network segment for testing, separate from the production environment
- Microsoft Exchange Server for e-mail
- Symantec e-mail filter
- Websense for Internet use
- Two Linux servers running Apache Server to host your Web site
- 390 PCs/laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and Adobe Reader
- Select a team leader for your project group.
- Create policies that are DoD compliant for the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Develop a list of compliance laws required for DoD contracts.
- List controls placed on domains in the IT infrastructure.
- List required standards for all devices, categorized by IT domain.
- Develop a deployment plan for implementation of these polices, standards, and controls.
- List all applicable DoD frameworks in the final delivery document.
- Write a professional report that includes all of the above content-related items.
- I developed a list of compliance laws required for DoD contracts.
- I listed controls placed on domains in the IT infrastructure.
- I listed required standards for all devices, categorized by IT domain.
- I developed DoD policies and standards for our organization’s IT infrastructure.
- I developed a deployment plan for implementation of these polices, standards, and controls.
- I listed all applicable DoD frameworks in the final report.
- I found additional references/resources than those provided.
- I created an academic paper describing the policies, standards, and controls that would make our organization DoD compliant.
- I submitted my work by the due date including the PPT slides.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Times New Roman, Size 12, Double-Space
- Citation Style: APA format
- At least 10 references (including the book)
- Length10-12 pages (not including title page and references pages)