For this option, your final Portfolio Project is a thoughtful analysis of an ineffective or poor leadership decision. You may use a well-known leadership decision, such as the 2011 decision to split Netflix, which resulted in serious financial losses for the organization. Your project must include the following:
- Research a leadership decision that was ineffective or did not have the desired results.
- Describe the problem that may have precipitated the decision, as well as the apparent processes used by the leaders involved in the decision-making effort. Use terms from this course.
- Critique the processes they implemented, applying what you learned from this course.
- Recommend a different approach that could have been taken, using theories and methodologies from this course.
- Present a strong case for how your recommendations could have altered the decision made, leading to more effective results for the organization.
- Use theory from this course to support your evaluation, critique, and recommendations.
This assignment may be delivered in the form most suitable to your response. You can write a paper or create a slide presentation, website, or video. You could also try out a new tool such as Prezi or VoiceThread.
- If you choose a written format, your paper should be 10-12 pages in length; if you choose a slide presentation, it should include 20-24 slides, with notes and narration to support the content of your slides. If you choose an alternative format, it should contain the same depth, breadth, substance, and quality as described above. A website must contain at least 3-4 pages based on sound design principles, and include content depth. A video must be 5-6 minutes in length, and an audio cast must be at least 20-30 minutes long, both demonstrating good production principles. Such principles include, for example, color choices, readable font sizes and types, and appropriate and professional graphics for a website or presentation. For audio, make sure the recording is not â€œchoppy.â€ It is usually a good idea to follow a script when recording. The recording should sound professional and be free of background noise.
- Cite a minimum of eight scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, six of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. (You may not use the required and recommended readings for this course.)
- Format your project according to the APA writing guidelines
**I have all references and subject of the paper I will submit once a tutor has been chosen**