Select 4 articles, 4 required films, and 4 PowerPoint presentations introduced between weeks 1-6 to address in your concept paper. Your paper should summarize the overarching learning themes or concepts. Please bold your first reference to each article title, film title and PowerPoint presentation.
This one is the first file blow.
Becoming American: the Chinese experience https://ezproxy.fhda.edu:2175/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=36510
White like me: Race, Racism & White Privilege in America. https://deanza.kanopy.com/video/white-me-race-racism-amp-white-privilege-america
Unspoken:America’s Native American Boarding Schools. https://www.pbs.org/video/unspoken-americas-native-american-boarding-schools-oobt1r/
Race: the power of an illusion. https://deanza.kanopy.com/video/race-power-illusion-0
If you cannot open the film, you can search on Kanopy or other websites.
In the file below.
- Introduction and what overarching theme or concept you plan to explore e.g., white anti-racism, process of racialization, Indigenous genocide and land displacement or intersectionality.
- Summarize the materials you plan to use and explain why these concepts are important to understanding of race, ethnicity and inequality.
- In conclusion, share what surprised you most about the materials you incorporated, and any personal connections you made between the materials you select.
Don’t forget the following requirements:
- Cover page clearly identifying the concepts you aim to explore (e.g., race in the media, anti-racism, prison industrial complex, etc.)
- Creating a cover sheet: http://libanswers.snhu.edu/faq/158883 (Links to an external site.)
- Clearly bold each of the 4 articles, 4 class films, and 4 PowerPoints the *first time* you reference them and include all materials in the reference list.
- You do not have a required page count for your concept paper; you are simply required to address all of the above. Generally, if you adequately address all of the requirements above, you will most likely have a 4-5 page essay.
- Properly cite all sources throughout your document and include a reference list.
- Show proof of either NetTutor (see left navigation bar), the Writing Center (Links to an external site.), Grammaly (Links to an external site.), or another review program to ensure your paper is well-written and materials are properly cited.
All Writing Assignments Require the Following:
- 12-point font, Single spaced
- Times New Roman (or an easy reading font) throughout. Please *Do Not* use multiple font types.
- 1 or 1.5 spacing, preferred. Please *Do Not* double space your paper.
- MLA style cover page
- MLA style reference page or bibliography, if needed