- Describe some of the aspects of successful, self-directed teams and virtual teams.
- Share an example of a team you have worked with and how these aspects were and/or were not present.
- Include one aspect that was not present that you wish had been a characteristic of the team; how would it have changed things?
Please be sure:
- To support your response with credible sources and examples (Encouraged, not required).
- All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced (listed at the end of all responses); paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying in text citations.
To get more value out of DBs:
- Online DBs are similar to face-to-face conversations. Real conversation requires that you give extended responses (a minimal response, an explanation or anecdote, a question of your own).
- Self-edit, know your subject matter, read up, research to see what others are saying, think about what you are going to say, gather your thoughts, make an outline, express concisely.
- To add depth, breadth, credibility, and validity to your submission add research component in your responses, make sure to list, and cite the sources in the text.
- End your submission in a way that it grabs the attention of other students, encouraging collaborative thinking, a multiplicity of viewpoints and perspectives.
- Use Socratic Method (â€œwhat,â€ â€œhow,â€ â€œwhyâ€ questions are open-ended and invite further discussion; â€œcan,â€ â€œare,â€ and â€œdoâ€ questions are closed).
Respond within 25 – 30 lines
McShane, S. L., & Von Glinow, M. A. (2013). Organizational behavior: Emerging knowledge, global reality (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.