- Identify social policy at the local, state, and federal level that impacts well-being, service delivery, and access to social services.
Assess how social welfare and economic policies impact the delivery of and access to social services.
Apply critical thinking to analyze, formulate, and advocate for policies that advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice.
Title page: Include your name, course title and session/year on the first page or cover page.
Insert page numbers in your paper. Your paper should be double-spaced with 12 point font.
For each response, provide a heading that includes the number and/or letter of the question.
See the guidelines at the end of each question for suggested response lengths.
Cite a total of at least 2-3 research-based sources throughout your paper.
Provide a reference list at the end of your paper. Use APA style and paraphrase appropriately.
Identify a social policy at each of the three levels of government (local, state and
federal) that impacts well-being, social service delivery, and access to social services.
Provide the title and source of the policy along with a brief description of how the policy
influences well-being, social service delivery, and access to social services (for example,
education, income support, therapeutic support, housing, etc.). (2-3 paragraphs per
policy). Suggested resources are attached with this assignment.
2. Assess how social policy impacts social service delivery and access to social services.
Your response should include an explanation of the role of policy in social service
delivery and access to services as well as a discussion of the impact that policy has in
these areas. You can provide examples to support your response. (3-4 paragraphs).
3. Develop, advocate for, and analyze social policy to advance human rights and social,
economic, and environmental justice.
1) Identify a social issue/problem that you will address in your policy.
a) Provide evidence of the current (within the past 5-8 years) scope and impact of
this issue/problem. For example, identify who is primarily or directly affected by this
issue/problem and who may be indirectly affected. Cite available statistics or
Appropriate sources. (3-4 paragraphs).
b) Describe how the problem impacts human rights, social, economic, and
environmental justice. (3-4 paragraphs)
c) Explain why there is a need for a new policy or a policy change in this area. (1-2
2) Describe your suggestions to improve this problem. Identify at least two specific
improvements that you would make. (1-2 paragraphs)
3) Identify at least two stakeholders (individuals or groups) that you will include in your
efforts to address this problem and discuss their role in the policy process. Consider
the advantages and challenges of including stakeholders in the policy- making
process. (2-3 paragraphs)
4) Describe at least two specific strategies that you will use to advocate for this policy.
Discuss a potential benefit and challenge of each of your selected approaches to
policy advocacy. (2-3 paragraphs)
5) Provide an analysis of your policy. Evaluate the expected impact of the policy on the
advancement of human rights and social and economic and environmental justice
for the intended individuals. Consider the influence of the social, economic, and
political environment in achieving the goals of your policy. (3-4 paragraphs)