Case Study 2: Bullying: The Amanda Todd Story
Due Week 8 and worth 130 points
Recent history illustrates that bullying is a growing problem among todayâ€™s youth in the United States. Amanda Todd, for example, was only fifteen (15) years old when she committed suicide after being bullied by her peers for over a year.
Watch the video titled â€œAmanda Toddâ€™s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harmâ€ (8 min 55 s).
Video Source: ChisVideos. (2012, October 11). Amanda Toddâ€™s Story: Struggling, Bullying, Suicidal, Self-harm [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7afkypUsc. ;
This video can be viewed from within your online course shell.
Use your textbook, the Internet, and / or Strayer Library to research articles on bullying cases that occur today.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe at least two (2) types of bullying to which Amanda Todd was subjected.
- Identify at least three (3) consequences that Amanda Todd experienced as a result of being bullied, and discuss her attempts to deal with them.
- Recommend two (2) strategies that you believe Amandaâ€™s parents, teachers, and authorities could have used in order to reduce episodes of bullying of Amanda and thus prevent Amandaâ€™s suicide.
- Compare at least two (2) similarities and two (2) differences between the bullying cases that take place today with those cases that took place when you attended high school.
- Explain the key contributing factors that you believe led to bullying behaviors. Next, suggest at least three (3) ways in which prevention programs can reduce bullying cases overall.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than
- other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Explore the relationship of illicit drugs, gangs, and forms of delinquency.
- Explicate the types of prevention programs that are likely to work with high-risk youngsters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found
By submitting this paper, you agree: (1) that you are submitting your paper to be used and stored as part of the SafeAssignâ„¢ services in accordance with the
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: