1) How did the move’s domestic scenes contrast with the ones focused on Langley? Which side of the characters’ lives did you find most engaging? Why?
2) What humorous moments are included in the presentations of the characters? Did they add to your appreciation of the story? Why or why not?
3) How were Katherine, Mary, and Dorothy challenged by discrimination? How did they succeed anyway?
4) Katherine allows anger to explode only once during the movie. What do you think was different for her in that episode from others?
5) Refer to Adichie’s “The Danger of a Single Story.” Does Hidden Figures complicate this single story? Or does it perpetuate it?