There are a host of online resources that promote effective networking, client engagement, and advocacy. The purpose of this assignment is to identify the benefits and ethical considerations associated with using technology as an adjunct to social work practice. To gain insight on the guidelines that govern social work professionals’ use of technology, review the “NASW, ASWB, CSWE, & CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice,” linked in the Resources.
For this assignment:
- Choose and describe a social or economic injustice that you have an interest in addressing, such as abuse, social welfare, human rights, marginalized communities, neglect, or social policy. Provide a rationale for your choice.
- Describe how the ethics and values, access, and cultural competence standards can be used to help address the social or economic injustice through the use of technology.
- Explain how technology can promote your efforts to reduce or eliminate the injustice.
- Explain the benefits of using the technology standards to inform your work in an online environment.
Note: Your instructor will provide feedback on your assignment. Use that feedback when you develop the content of your Advocacy and Community Practice Proposal, due in Unit 10.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Cited resources: Minimum of five scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: Minimum of three double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.