Choose a medication type from the following list, note why the medication is used, and consider adverse effects. Invent a scenario where giving this medication could result in an ethical or legally charged situation. Try not to choose a category that has been well addressed by your peers.
- Bethanaechol / cholinergics: Consider risks of inducing urgency or bradycardia in a clients with dementia issues
- Benztropine /anticholinergics: Consider harms that can occur with comorbidities like glaucoma or BPH
- Albuterol /adrenergics: Consider harms that can occur is asthmatic children are in charge of their own inhalers
- Atenolol/ beta blockers: Consider harms that could occur if heart rate was low or patient was asthmatic
- Lorazepam /benzodiazepines: Consider vulnerability issues related to sedation and induction of memory loss
- Oxycodone / opiates: Consider addiction, drug seeking and patient vulnerability in impaired nurses
- Amitriptylline /tricyclics: Consider vulnerability issues with risk of suicidal overdose given anticholinergic effects
- Phenelzine /MAOIs: Consider consequences of nonadherence to dietary restrictions on these medications
- Haloperidol / neuroleptics: Consider risks of chemical sedation, especially long term risks
- Lithium: Consider risks of mismanagement by clients whose behaviors are unpredictable
- Phenytoin / antiepileptics: Consider risks of Class D in young women vs risks of going without anti-epileptics
- Secobarbital / barbituates: Consider risks related to availability of barbituates to teens via the internet
- Kava or Valerian: Consider risks of availability of compounding poorly controlled over the counter sedatives
- Sumatriptan / triptans: Consider risks of cerebral ischemia when giving vasoconstrictors for migraine control
- Cyclobenzaprine for back spasms: Consider risks of impaired function when nurses take muscle relaxants
- Prednisone / steroids: Consider long term effects, when other immune suppressors are too expensive to access.
- Aspirin / NSAIDs: Consider vulnerability of elders due to over the counter, affordable nature of this analgesic
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code "Newclient" for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now