Assignment 1 â€“ Internet of Things in Healthcare Part 1
Due in Week 4 and worth 150 points
Choose one of the infographics below. It will be a good idea to explore the rest of the article as well.
- This comes from http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7113786/ which is a much more expansive article on the Internet of things in healthcare. Make sure you scroll all the way down to see the entire article. It is not just an abstract.
- This comes from a more in-depth slide presentation here: https://www.slideshare.net/todbotdotcom/disrupting-and-enhancing-healthcare-with-the-internet-of-things
Write a 2â€“3 page paper that addresses the following points:
- What can you learn about your personal self from this chart?
- How does the chart help someone monitor, control, and access their health, medical conditions, and medical information?
- In what ways does your job (or future area of expertise/work) fit in with the structure shown in the chart?
- Can you predict trends or new developments in the healthcare industry from the infographic and what is already available?
If you need more information, read the corresponding article or take a look at the entire slideshow. Remember to thoroughly explain your answers and support them with references from academic sources and/or examples from your job experiences.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Course objectives covered in this assignment are:
- Form an opinion about issues related to computer technology that might pose philosophical challenges for society in the future.
- Analyze the effects of digital technologies on society, including the public and private spheres.
- Examine issues related to data security and the regulation of data and the Internet.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computers and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about computers and society using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to see a rubric for this assignment.