Three pages required.
You will write a summary report on Environmental/Ecological Sustainability appearing in a scientific magazine or in a science journal such as -Scientific American Magazine (we have a rich collection at Delta’s main Library), The Scientist, Science, Nature, etc. (2010-16). Check with me if you are not sure about your article/topic and its sources. The purpose of this summary report is to provide a brief account of the content of a scientific article on sustainability. You also need to write your own reflection to the article (last two paragraphs). Begin your assignment early and try to budget your time for writing and editing your summary. Name your report as Summary Report on Sustainability and save as a doc., docx, or rtf document in your computer.
Rubric for the Summary Report (20 pts.): Length of the summary: Three pages (double-spaced, typed page including your reflection). Use Font (Arial or Times New Roman, or others), Style (regular), Size (12).
- 1st page or Cover Page (6 pts):
- On top of the 1st page, type Summary Report on Sustainability for your heading, below that type the title, author(s), date, name of publication, volume information, and finally on the next line your full name, and the current date.
- Abstract: on middle of the 1st page type Abstract. Under the abstract subtitle write 3 sentences explaining the paper’s important content. You should start writing you abstract after you have written the entire summary report.
- 2nd and 3rd Pages (14 pts): Organize your writing based on the following format on these pages:
- Methods and Materials: Indicate the methods employed for observation or experimentation and materials used.
- Results: Summarize important results found in the article.
- Conclusion: Briefly cite the principle conclusions.
- Reflection: Write your own reflection to the article and give reasons for your reflection.
- Reference: Write the reference of the original research article at the end of your report.
oIntroduction: Briefly describe the topic and scope of the investigation being discussed in the paper.